Mirror Mirror on the Wall (Magic Mirror) Costume
Everyone remembers the magic mirror that the evil queen consults in Disney's Snow White. This quick and easy costume delights as you walk around telling everyone how beautiful they are!Prep Time: 2 hours
- large cardboard box
- two yardsticks
- hot glue gun and hot glue sticks
- many blocks of cushion foam or packing foam
- spray paint
- yellow face makeup
- Begin by cutting open a large cardboard box to become the base of the costume.
- Hot glue yardsticks to the "back" of the base perpendicular to the folded creases in the box -- this will give structure to the large flat sheet of cardboard.
- Cut a whole in the center of the sheet just large enough for you to place your face through.
- Cut your "bricks" out of the foam to approximately the same size.
- Arrange the blocks around the head hole (leaving a gap for the rest of the "mirror."
- After trialing the placement, start hot glueing the blocks to the cardboard sheet. Make sure you glue to the opposite side as the yardsticks.
- After the "bricks" are glued in place, you can move immediately to paint.
- Apply several light coats of gray spray paint over the entire surface (mirror area as well).
- After the "bricks" start to look correct, apply a final light coat to the mirror area and sprinkly on gliter while the paint is still wet. This gives a wonderful mirror effect without the danger of blinding someone in direct sonlight.
- I trimmed the outside of my mirror with some strips of foam painted black and more glitter.
- Apply green face makeup to the top of your head (forehead and top of cheeks), and yellow face makeup to the bottom (neck and chin).
- Blend the two colors together across the cheeks to give the illusion of your face blending from green to yellow.
- Put on your wall (should be light enough to easily carry from the sides), and enjoy yourself at the Halloween party!