Prep Time: 3-4 hours
- Child sized umbrella (Light colored or Pink with clear handle if possible)
- If you can't find a pink umbrella use pink plastic material, like a tablecloth
- 2 or 3 Bubble wrap sheets 4' to 6' long
- Clear plastic garbage bag
- White sweatshirt & sweatpants (Or white long sleeve shirt and white pants)
- White and silver spray paint
- Clear tape (2" wide)
- Start by covering the umbrella. If you are able to unscrew the top, do so and set aside.
- If you were unable to find a pink umbrella, attach the pink material over the top of the umbrella by wrapping it and taping it on the underside. Secure material by screwing the top back on, making a hole in the material if necessary in that spot.
- If you have a pink umbrella, continue by spray painting the silver and white paint onto the umbrella top in sweeping motions. Do the same if you have the pink material.
- Once the paint has dried, cover the umbrella top with bubble wrap (bubble side down) and wrap the excess underneath and tape securely.
- Screw the top back on the umbrella, making a hole through the bubble wrap.
- Cut strips about 2" wide in varying lengths until you have enough to go around the entire umbrella. Attach to the underside of the umbrella's outer edges with tape. Set umbrella aside.
- Dress your child in the white shirt and pants.
- Cut a hole for the child's head in the bottom of the plastic bag. Also cut holes in the sides of the bag for the child's arms.
- Now have your child hold the umbrella and they will look like a jellyfish! Great costume for boys and girls.