This out-of-this-world craft can also double as a simple Halloween costume.
- 4-5 Pieces of Color Construction Paper
- Free Printable Template
- Glue Stick
- 2-5 Toothpicks
- 4-6 Small Styrofoam Balls
- A Pack of Googly Eyes with Sticky Backs
- 10 Assorted Colored Pipe Cleaners
- 1 Small Roll of Elastic String
- Cut out the paper to the size of your child's face. You can make it any shape. I made mine rectangular with curved edges along the bottom.
- Print and cut out mouths from the free template. Then glue them on your paper.
- Try to estimate where your child's eyes will be, then poke the toothpick through those areas for eye holes. Wiggle it around a little to make a nice hole, just enough to be able to see out of. The key is to make the mask look like it's covering the entire face so you don't want gigantic eye holes.
- Put googly eyes on the Styrofoam balls, then stick the pipe cleaners inside. Get creative by adding more than one googly eye or pipe cleaners as eye lashes.
- Tape the pipe cleaners to the back of the mask along with the elastic string.
- Watch your kids have fun scaring people!