Jack Frost's Not Lost: A Holiday Game
Give the gift of family fun this holiday season with this festive game board. Complete with easy-to-follow instructions, this simple winter game will be enjoyed for years to come.
- 1x8x10 pine board
- 2 pieces of holiday scrapbook paper
- mod podge
- foam paint brush
- paper trimmer
- sand paper (120 grit)
- festive holiday buttons
- white paper and ink jet printer
- candy bag
- mini marshmallows
- printable game board and instructions
- Print off your paper game 'Jack Frost's
NOT Lost' and tag instructions. Free game printable found here. Free instructions found here.
- Take your pine board and place it on top of your festive holiday paper. Trace around the paper and cut it out.
- Trim the game paper down.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on the wood. Make sure to get the edges.
- Place your holiday paper on top. Starting with the center rub towards the outside of the board. This will reduce bubbles and make the paper adhere more smoothly.
- Apply a second layer of festive paper using the same mod podge technique as above.
- Sand the edges. This will get rid of excess paper and make it look like the paper is really 'painted' onto the board.
- Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the back of the 'Jack Frost's NOT Lost' printable. Place on the bottom half of the holiday paper board.
- Take the two scraps of paper from the paper you used above and cut into circles. One larger than the other.
- Stack on top and then add a button. Glue all pieces together creating a layered button. Glue one of the buttons to the top of the game board and tape the other to the marshmallow bag.
- Cut out and address the instructions tag. Found here. Attach it to a bag of marshmallows. Add some fun festive buttons as a touch of flair.
- You'll want to keep one of these game boards for your own family so make an