Holiday Creation Contest Rules
"HOLIDAY CREATION" CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Online, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 ("Sponsor"), is solely responsible for all aspects of this contest ("Contest").
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible for this Contest, at the time of entering you must be:  a natural person legally residing in, and physically located within, one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia (collectively, "Territory");  not a minor (as defined by the state of primary residence);  a Member and  not an employee of Sponsor; its parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies; the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, "Entities"); nor members of their households or immediate families. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
4. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, you may enter the Contest by registering as a Member, clicking on the link to the Contest, agreeing to the Rules, following the entry instructions to submit your Submission and clicking on the "submit" button (collectively, "Entry"). Only valid "Addresses" will be accepted for Contestant registration as determined solely by the Sponsor; and, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a Contestant will be disqualified if he/she creates invalid Addresses with intent to affect the integrity of the Contest. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Address. To do so, go to http://register.go.com/disney/GuestServices/YourAccount/login, log into your Website account, click on the "Modify" icon and follow the instructions on how to change your Address.
5. CONTEST MATERIALS: "Materials" include:  all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Entry and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a Contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry;  your name, likeness, image and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Entry and  all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with the Contest, whether submitted to Sponsor or not, including the Entry. All material owned by the Sponsor or the Sponsor's affiliated companies, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, picture, logo, title art or other intellectual property, shall remain their property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest.
6. SUBMISSION LICENSE: Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor, its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit such Materials, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on Sponsor's websites, on third party websites, on Sponsor's broadcast and cable networks and stations, on Sponsor's broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release), for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity ("Submissions License").
7. LIMITATIONS: By submitting the Materials for an Entry into the Contest, you further represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Materials and everything depicted therein:  are original with you and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity;  do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or sculptures or other material (e.g., on props, costumes, background) that would infringe any third party's copyrights or trademarks;  have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;  do not contain the likeness or photograph of any person other than the members of your family;  do not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, harassing, defamatory, libelous, infringing or otherwise objectionable or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;  are not commercial, business-related, advertisements or offers to sell any products or services (whether or not for profit);  do not solicit others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);  do not contain viruses or other harmful components, or otherwise tamper with, impair or damage Sponsor's websites or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person's or entity's use or enjoyment of Sponsor's websites;  generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the Contest;  do not violate any specific restrictions applicable to a public forum on the Website, including its age restrictions and procedures and  are not antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Entry or Contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time.
Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Address (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Paragraph 4 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited.
Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for inaccurate or incomplete capture online of Contest Entry information (including the Official Entry Form); lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in your email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any attempt by a person to use multiple Addresses or identities to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control.
One (1) Grand Prize: a four (4 ) day/ three (3) night trip for winner and three (3) guests ("Group") to Disney's California Adventure® Park ("Park") consisting of the following elements ("Trip"):  if winner resides more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the Park, round-trip coach transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner's residence ("airport of origin") and a major metropolitan airport in Southern California;  room accommodations consisting of one (1) standard room (with a maximum of four  persons per room) for three (3) nights at a hotel in or near the Park selected by Disney in its sole discretion;  airport/hotel transfers;  four (4) 4-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® Tickets (subject to restrictions);  services of one (1) Disney VIP Tour Guide for eight (8) hours on one (1) day including a tour of the Blue Sky Cellar;  dinner for four (4) at Ariel's Grotto and  one (1) Disney Gift Card with a value of two hundred fifty dollars ($250). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: transportation to the Park if a winner resides two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from the Park, round trip transportation between the winner's residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions and Sponsor's approval and Trip must be completed between March 1, 2011 and March 1, 2012. Approximate retail value ("ARV"): $5,770, which will vary depending upon points of departure and seasonal fluctuations of hotel and airfare rates. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded.
Nine (9) Voter's Choice Prizes: Each prize consists of the following elements: Crayola Color Wonder Magic Light Brush (ARV: $22), Crayola Glow Station (ARV: $18), Crayola Glow Dome (ARV:$35), Crayola Model Magic Presto Dots (ARV:$25), Crayola Color Me a Song (ARV: $30), Crayola Glow Explosion Spin Magic (ARV:$25), Crayola Color Wonder Sound Studio (ARV:$30), Crayola Glow Board (ARV:$28), Crayola Crayon Maker (ARV: $33). Total ARV of Each Voter's choice prize: $246.
Total ARV of all prizes : $7,984. Limit one prize per person/Address. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Prize elements may not be separated. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The prizes awarded are subject to Sponsor's verification of eligibility and compliance with the TOU and these Rules. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by February 10, 2010, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
9. PROCEDURES: Entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period. During the Entry Period, the Voters will be invited to vote on all eligible Entries received by applying the Criteria. Limit of one vote per valid Address per day for each Entry. If the Sponsor suspects invalid voting, including but not limited to, the use of script, macro or other automated or programmed methods of voting, buying votes, forming voting alliances or the setting up of an invalid Address or Addresses in order to create dummy usernames, with the intent to affect the integrity of the voting process, the perpetrators and beneficiaries will each be eliminated from the Contest, at Sponsor's sole discretion. The nine (9) top Entries accumulating the most valid votes by the Voters during the Entry Period, as determined solely by the Sponsor, shall be judged to be the potential Voter's Choice Prize winners. Votes for separate Entries of the same family will not be combined. In the event of a tie for the Voter's Choice Prize winners, Sponsor shall select the winners in Sponsor's sole discretion. On or about December 27, 2010, all eligible Entries will be judged by the Panel by applying the Criteria to declare one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. The Panel's decision is final.
10.WINNERS: The potential winners will be notified by email on or about January 2, 2010. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to respond to notification within seven (7) business days after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of a prize as undeliverable;  potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after it is mailed;  potential winner's failure to claim a prize within ten (10) days after it is sent;  potential winner's failure to validly claim any prize before February 10, 2010 and  any other non-compliance with these Rules or the TOU. In the event of a prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes, expenses, costs and fees associated with the receipt or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of each winner; and the Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of his/her prize.
13. RULES & WINNERS' LIST: For names of winners (after January 2, 2011) and/or Rules (before December 23, 2010), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Holiday Creation Contest, Disney Family.com, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, designating either winners list or Rules. Winners first names, initial of last names and cities of residence will be posted on the Website on or about January 15, 2010.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Scanning preferred. Make sure your drawing is flat on the scanner.
- If you don't own a scanner and need to take a photograph, bring the entry outside in direct sunlight and shoot it from directly overhead. Make sure your shadow is not peeking in!
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!