My daughter Holland loves to bake and when she wanted to make a life-size gingerbread house I wasn't sure what to do! Then I realized that cardboard is the same color as gingerbread! So, we decorated the house with fake candies made from painted paper plates, cut out cardboard gingerbread men, and more fake candy using pompoms. She worked hard painting the whole thing and then used white paint for the icing. We took it to her school and I cut open the doors and windows. THE KIDS LOVED IT!!
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Scanning preferred. Make sure your drawing is flat on the scanner.
- If you don't own a scanner and need to take a photograph, bring the entry outside in direct sunlight and shoot it from directly overhead. Make sure your shadow is not peeking in!
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!