Tell us your story:
Growing up in MN, I lived on a lake on which my family spent time perfecting an ice skating rink. I don't live on a lake now, but I wanted to share the ice rink experience with my own family, so for the past 2 winters, we have built our own ice rink. We buy a 30X50 tarp ($100), flood it (water bill increase $14-38), last year we used snow as a boarder, this year we got creative with rubbermaid boxes. What fun we have had creating skating routines and playing together!
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!