Tell us your story:
Our new healthy life started Friday, May the 13th of 2011. This is the day our son was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. The doctor told us he could thrive with a healthy diet and frequent exercise. We immediately started shopping smarter - reading food labels and buying more fresh fruits and veggies. We'll even try to grow a garden this summer! For exercise, we now take family walks. We also walk and fund raise to support JDRF. Working together, our family has become healthier and happier!
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!