Tell us your story:
Our family loves being outside with nature. We are fortunate enough to be close to the Great Smoky Mountains. With such a location comes the advantage of many different kinds of birds. Watching, feeding and housing these winged beauties has become a favorite hobby of our family of five. Our 11-year triplets have always enjoyed observing birds while hiking and taking nature walks. We're including a photo of our family next to a home-made bluebird house that their Grandpa crafted by hand.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!