Tell us your story:
Humans were not meant to hibernate, but this is all too easy to do during the frigid Wisconsin winters. Even though we have all the winter gear (skiis, snowboards, snowshoes, sleds, and ice skates), we were still finding it hard to motivate ourselves to load up the car and head to the park. Well, no more excuses for this family. We brought the park to us! Putting in a backyard ice rink has gotten our family outside and active despite the bitter cold. Friends and neighbors often join in the fun.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!