Tell us your story:
Our family loves to gather to create new dishes with a special prize awarded for the winning creation. Our most recent gathering was a salsa making competition where we sat down around a table filled with vegetables, fruits, herbs, spices and beans and got to work. Each family member made his or her own salsa (some made two) followed by a blind taste test to determine our winner. We had all the traditional salsa ingredients on hand and brought in some new items like jicama and mango to try.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!