Tell us your story:
When the new My Plate concept was introduced, I thought, "Genius! What a concrete way to show kids how to eat right." I assumed companies would start selling plates decorated with the four food group sections, but I haven't been able to find any. Our family decided to make our own. We've each designed a plate that we're planning to paint at the pottery store. The kids will scoop the right food onto the matching section for a healthy meal. We also use a blank plate template when meal planning.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!