Tell us your story:
We decided to be more sustainable to help the environment and eat more organic foods to get healthier ourselves. So we made plans for a backyard chicken coop. We successfully raised our own chicks for a small flock of laying hens. We feed our girls organic feed and let them eat any bugs, grass and veggies they find. They not only give us lovely organic eggs but are quite entertaining and make us enjoy our backyard more instead of sitting in front of the TV.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!