Tell us your story:
Inspired by a school program where our children try a new fruit or vegetable every day, we discovered that we love healthy choices, especially when we work for them. We have hunted for huckleberries in the mountains, started growing, harvesting & storing our own veggies, (peas being one of our favorites),and ground whole wheat into flour. We also barter with neighbors & family to try more variety. We even try to sneak fruits & veggies into our favorite meals like carrots in spaghetti sauce.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!