Tell us your story:
When our community started offering garden plots, our family jumped at the chance to try gardening. For the past several years, our boys have been planting, tending, and harvesting all kinds of veggies. It's been a great way for them to learn how vegetables are grown, spend some quality outdoor time with their parents and grandparents & get some exercise without even knowing it! Plus, they're more apt to try veggies they've grown themselves. Any extra produce we share with the local food pantry.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!