Tell us your story:
When my husband's job was relocated back to our home state of Michigan we were thrilled, however, we decided to make it a healthy adventure for us in the process. Several of our kids had never known anything but big city living having been living in metro Kansas City for 5 years, so when we arrived to the quiet farming community of Saline, it was a new experience for them. We planted our own garden, eventually canning our home grown organic produce and even won awards at the county fair.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!