Tell us your story:
Cooking around the world is a way for our family to fit geography, nutrition, music and art into our meal time. It is a hands-on approach to learning that can take place in any kitchen. We started with a world map in our living/dining room. In this picture, we are studying Africa. We made injera (flat bread), sweet potato chips, potjiekos (stew). We enhanced the nutritional value by using fresh organic ingredients and whole grains. We also listened to African music and dressed up.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your family is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!