Happily Ever After Contest Rules
"Happily Ever After" CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR OPTING IN TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Online, 500 South Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521, is solely responsible for all aspects of this contest ("Contest").
3. ELIGIBILITY: "To be eligible for this Contest, at the time of entering you must be:  a natural person legally residing in, and physically located within, the 50 states or the District of Columbia (collectively, "Territory");  not a minor (as defined by the state of primary residence, "Minor");  a registered Member and  not an employee of Sponsor or Microsoft Corporation; their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated or successor companies or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, "Entities"); nor a member of such employee's household or immediate family. "Household member" shall mean a person who shares the same residence with such employee at least three months a year. "Immediate family member" shall mean a parent, step-parent, child, step-child, sibling, step-sibling or spouse of such employee.
4. ENTRY: During the Entry Period, as a Member, you may enter the Contest by visiting the Website, logging in by providing your Member Name and Password, clicking on the link to the Contest, following the entry instructions to submit your Submission and clicking on the "submit" button (collectively, "Entry"). Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your Address. To do so, go to http://register.go.com/disney/GuestServices/YourAccount/login, log into your Website account, click on the "Modify" icon and follow the instructions on how to change your Address.
5. CONTEST MATERIALS: "Materials" include:  all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Entry (which includes, without limitation, your Submission) and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a Contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry;  your name, likeness, image and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Entry and  all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with the Contest, whether submitted to Sponsor or not, including the Entry. All material owned by the Sponsor or the Sponsor's affiliated companies, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, picture, logo, title art or other intellectual property, shall remain their property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest.
6. SUBMISSION LICENSE: Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, and without limitation of the TOU, you hereby grant to Sponsor, its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users (collectively, "Rights Holders"), a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit such Materials, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on Sponsor's websites, on third party websites, on Sponsor's broadcast and cable networks and stations, on Sponsor's broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release), for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity ("Submissions License"). Nothing herein in any way obligates the Rights Holders to use any Materials.
By submitting the Materials for an Entry into the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that:  the Materials and everything depicted therein conform to the TOU and these Rules;  you own or control the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions, without the need for any permission from or payment to any other person or entity, to exploit, and to authorize the Sponsor to exploit, such Materials in all manners contemplated by the TOU and these Rules (including the Submissions License);  no person or entity other than you has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Materials and  you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering this Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder. The TOU and these Rules (including the Submissions License) do not limit any past or future grant of rights, consents, agreements, assignments and waivers you may have made or make with respect to the Materials. Upon Sponsor's request, you agree to assist Sponsor in obtaining the consent for any other applications.
7.LIMITATIONS: By submitting the Materials for an Entry into the Contest, you further represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Materials and everything depicted therein:  are original with you and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity;  do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork or sculptures or other material (e.g., on props, costumes, background) that would infringe any third party's copyrights or trademarks;  have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;  do not contain the likeness or photograph of any person other than the members of your family;  do not contain the likeness, photograph or photographic work of any person not consenting to the uses contemplated by these Rules;  do not contain material which is (or promotes activities which are) sexually explicit, obscene, pornographic, violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), illegal (e.g. underage drinking, substance abuse, computer hacking, etc.), offensive, threatening, profane, harassing, defamatory, libelous, infringing or otherwise objectionable or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;  are not commercial, business-related, advertisements or offers to sell any products or services (whether or not for profit);  do not solicit others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);  do not contain viruses or other harmful components, or otherwise tamper with, impair or damage Sponsor's websites or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person's or entity's use or enjoyment of Sponsor's websites;  generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the Contest;  do not violate any specific restrictions applicable to a public forum on the Website, including its age restrictions and procedures and  are not antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the Internet. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Entry or Contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time.
By submitting an Entry, you agree to grant the Rights Holder the use of your name, photograph, biographical information, city/state, image, voice and/or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by the Rights Holders, without compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) or additional consents and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific written consent to such use if asked to do so. In addition, if any other persons appear in or were involved in the creation of the Submission (including without limitation persons who appear in a photo and/or the photographer who took the photo), you agree that prior to submitting your Entry, you have obtained the written consent of each such person (in the case of a Minor, you have obtained the written consent of the Minor's parent/legal guardian), granting the Rights Holders the use of each person's name, photograph, biographical information, city/state, image, voice and/or likeness for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by the Rights Holders, without compensation (except to the extent prohibited by law) or additional consents and without prior notice, approval or inspection, and to execute specific written consent to such use if asked to do so. Sponsor reserves the right to request proof of these permissions in a form acceptable to Sponsor from you at any time. Failure to provide such proof, if requested, may result in your disqualification, at Sponsor's sole discretion. Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Address (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). Joint/group or collaborative Entries are not allowed. Each Entry will be deemed to have been submitted by one (1) Contestant, regardless of the number of people who might appear in a photo Submission. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Paragraph 4 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Sponsor shall make the final determination as to which Entries are eligible to take part in this Contest.
Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for inaccurate or incomplete capture online of Contest Entry information (including the Official Entry Form); lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in your email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any attempt by a person to use multiple Addresses or identities to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control.
8. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: a five (5) day/ four (4) night trip for winner and three (3) guests ("Group") to the Walt Disney World® Resort ("Resort") to receive one (1) Celebration Package consisting of the following elements for the Group ("Trip");  Resort hotel accommodations for four (4) nights (one standard room quadruple occupancy);  5-day Park Hopper® Tickets;  $500 Disney Gift Card for the winner;  wedding ceremony for winner and partner or ceremonial celebration for winner and partner of their longterm relationship together;  Cinderella Coach ride to ceremony or celebration;  Photography Package;  Cake and Champagne Toast;  Limousine transportation from Resort to Ceremony and back; $1,000 Alfred Angelo Gift Card for the winner;  complimentary ground transportation throughout the Resort;  if the winner resides more than two hundred and fifty (250) miles from the Resort, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner's residence ("airport of origin") and Orlando International Airport and airport/Resort transfers and  a cash prize of $2,500 to help defray payment of any taxes payable as result of winning the prize. The Releasees make no guarantees or representations that the $2,500 will be sufficient to pay the winner's tax liability; and the winner is solely responsible for paying all taxes. The award of the prize is subject to applicable withholding requirements; and the winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of the prize. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: transportation to the Resort if a winner resides two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from the Resort, round trip transportation between the winner's residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Each of the Gift Cards are subject to their stated Terms and Conditions. See below for special conditions for the Alfred Angelo Gift Card Airline carrier and Resort regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions and Sponsor's approval and Trip must be completed by May 9, 2012. Approximate retail value ["ARV"]: $15,214. One (1) Voter's Choice Prize: one (1) $1,000 Alfred Angelo Gift Card Total ARV of both prizes: $16,214. Limit one (1) prize per person/Address. Each Alfred Angelo Gift Card is only good for the purchase of a bridal gown and all sales are final with no returns, refunds or exchanges of the bridal gown. Alterations are not included in the price of the gown and the Gift Card cannot be used towards alterations. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Prize elements may not be separated. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. The prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. The prizes awarded are subject to Sponsor's verification of eligibility and compliance with the TOU and these Rules. Both prizes will be awarded, provided they are validly claimed by August 1, 2011, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
9.PROCEDURES: Entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period. During the Entry Period, the Voters will be invited to vote on all eligible Entries posted on the Website by applying the Criteria. Limit of one (1) vote per valid Address per Day. If the Sponsor suspects invalid voting, including but not limited to, the use of script, macro or other automated or programmed methods of voting, or the setting up of an invalid Address or Addresses in order to create dummy usernames, with the intent to affect the integrity of the voting process, the perpetrators and beneficiaries will each be eliminated from the Contest, at Sponsor's sole discretion. The one (1) top Entry accumulating the most valid votes by the Voters during the Entry Period, as determined solely by the Sponsor, shall be judged to be the potential Voter's Choice Prize winner. Votes for separate Entries of the same family will not be combined. In the event of a tie for the Voter's Choice Prize winner, Sponsor shall select the winner in Sponsor's sole discretion. On or about May 15, 2011, all eligible Entries will be judged by the Panel by applying the Criteria to declare one (1) potential Grand Prize winner. The Panel's decision is final.
10. WINNERS: The potential winners will be notified by email on or about May 23, 2011. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to respond to notification within seven (7) business days after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of the Voter's Choice Prize as undeliverable;  potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after it is mailed;  potential Voter's Choice Prize winner's failure to claim the prize within ten (10) days after it is sent;  potential Grand Prize winner's failure to be available to complete the Trip by May 9, 2012;  potential winner's failure to validly claim any prize before August 1, 2011 and  any other non-compliance with these Rules or the TOU. In the event of a prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes, expenses, costs and fees associated with the receipt or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of each winner.
13. RULES & WINNERS' LIST: For names of winners (after May 23, 2011) and/or Rules (before May 9, 2011), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Happily Ever After Contest, Disney Family.com, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, designating either winners' list or Rules. Winners' first names, initial of last names and cities of residence will be posted on the Website on or about June 13, 2011.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Photos should contain two (2) people – no groups or pictures of just one person.
- Share your love story – tell us how you met, share your experiences from when you got married, tell us why you want a Disney Fairy Tale Wedding or why you want to renew your vows!
- Upload your wedding photo, engagement photo, a picture taken during a fun vacation or at a special event -- or, show us a photo of you two today!
- Please steer clear of clothing with BIG logos on it or brand-name products in the background
- We want to keep you safe! Please don't include anything with your or your partner's full name, address, or your location in the picture
- Your image needs to be in JPEG format and less than 3MB in file size