Halloween Costume Contest
"Tiger (Girl Costume)"
Submitted by: tashalat
Diamond Bar, CA, 91765,
This is a homemade tiger costume! It is both easy to make and comfortable wear! A fun, fabulous costume that is sure to get people talking and you "Grrrr...-ing"!
Costume InstructionsPrep Time: 2 hours
Black long sleeved shirt
Black felt (five 6X8 inch sheets)
Orange felt (two 6X8 inch sheets)
Thin black headband
Hot glue gun
2. For the paws... Start by drawing two equal circles on an orange felt sheet. Cut the circles out. Using the black felt, cut four strips (long enough to go around someone's wrist and hand). Attach two strips to the back of each orange circle with fabric glue. They should fasten onto your wrist and hand like a bracelet. Lastly, cut out 3 claws for each tiger paw. Glue them on the front of each tiger paw.
3. For the ears...Get out a piece of cardboard and draw two triangular shaped ears. Cover the front and back of each ear with orange felt. (The easiest way to do this is to trace the cardboard ears onto the orange felt, in order to match the size. Then glue the orange felt pieces to the ears.) Use black felt to draw and cut out stripes for the ears. Glue the stripes to the ears. Attach cardboard ears to head band, using glue, hot glue gun, sewing, etc.
4. For leggings...Wear the tights and then using a black sharpie, color in stripes on the front. Be careful not to press too hard. It is easier if someone else draws/colors in the stripes.
5. Using face paint or black makeup, draw in a nose and whiskers!
6. Get ready and practice your "Grrrrrrr....."!