This Tangled tower cupcake is a fun and delicous recipe that kids and grown-ups are sure to enjoy. Decorating this tower is a fun party activity for kids, but if you make the Tangled tower cupcake before the party, it also makes the perfect centerpiece!
- 4x4x2-inch styrofoam block
- Green paper
- 12-inch wooden dowel
- 4x4-inch grease-proof doily
- 1 waffle cone
- Purple candy coatings
- Wax paper
- 6 pecan rolls
- 1 large cupcake or muffin in a white paper wrapper
- 1 brown cupcake wrapper
- 1 can ready-made buttercream frosting
- Green food coloring
- 1 disposable decorating bag with #16 tip
1. Prepare the styrofoam first. Insert wooden dowel straight into the center of the styrofoam. Remove the dowel and cover the top and sides of the styrofoam with green paper. Then re-insert the dowel into the styrofoam block, first cutting a slit in the center of the paper so the dowel can be inserted easily. Place a sheet of wax paper or 4x4-inch cake doily on top of the styrofoam, around the dowel. Cut a slit in the doily to make it easy to attach.
2. Prepare the roof of the tower. Melt purple candy coatings and completely coat the outside of the waffle cone. Shake off any excess and let dry.
3. Slide the pecan rolls onto the dowel, alternating the direction of each one.
4. Before placing the last pecan roll, cut a slit in the bottom center of a brown cupcake wrapper and place the wrapper on the dowel. Then you can place the last roll right inside. This will help support the muffin.
5. Slide the muffin, paper included, onto the dowel.
6. Finish the tower by spreading a little remaining candy coating over the muffin top and attach the waffle cone. When the coating sets, the two will be attached. Tint a small amount of frosting with green food coloring. Then pipe on small leaves to wrap around the tower base.