White Chocolate and Cranberry Cookies
The essential chocolate chip cookie, dressed up for the holidays with rich white chocolate chips and tart dried cranberries. Use a touch of brandy instead of vanilla for extra holiday cheer. Give them away at your cookie exchange, but don't forget to save a few for Santa!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer) and beat together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and brandy or vanilla extract.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate and the cranberries until evenly mixed.
- Drop dough in 2 tablespoon portions (about 1/8 of a cup) 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Carefully remove from baking sheet using a wide spatula and cool on wire racks.
Find more recipes from Alison Needham on Family.com, or visit her blog at www.agirlamarketameal.com.