Chocolate Chocolate Chip Peppermint Cookies
Chocolate chocolate chips and peppermint? You can't go wrong with these delectable cookies! Eat them straight out of the oven with a tall glass of milk. They're exactly the kind of cookie that Santa wants on his plate.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl (or the bowl of your stand mixer) and beat together until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and peppermint extract.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips until evenly mixed.
- Drop dough in 2 tablespoon portions (about 1/8 of a cup) 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 6-9 minutes, or until cookies are set on the edges.
- Carefully remove from baking sheet using a wide spatula and cool on wire racks.
Find more recipes from Alison Needham on Family.com, or visit her blog at www.agirlamarketameal.com.