A fun teapot cake for a tea party birthday.
- Your favorite cake mix
- Your favorite buttercream frosting
- Your favorite fondant recipe
- Food coloring
- Flower and leaf cookie cutters
- Sports ball cake pan set
- Jelly beans
1. Bake cake in the sports ball cake pan and let cool.
2. Tint buttercream to desired color. Tint 12oz of white fondant the same color.
3. Shape the fondanat into a knob for the lid, spout, and handle. Put toothpicks into the shapes to secure them to the cake. Let air dry. Tint small amounts of fondant desired colors for flowers and leaves. Roll out to 1/4" thickness and cut out flowers and leaves.
4. Level each half of cake, slicing off the raised center, saving the trimmings. Cut round bottom of one sphere so cake will sit flat on plate. Spread buttercream on leveled edge and top with other sphere to form a ball. Frost entire cake. Using the reserved scraps, stack, trim and shape them to be the teapot lid. Use buttercream to hold pieces together. Place on top of cake and frost.
5. Secure knob, spout and handle to teapot. Attach flowers and leaves to cake using buttercream. Place jelly beans end to end around bottom of cake.