3-D Tow Mater Cake
Tow Mater from the Car Disney movie. It made a great 1st birthday cake for our son.
- 2 boxes of your favorite cake, baked in bread pans.
- 4 cans of buttercream frosting (or homemade from the powdered sugar label)
- White and brown chocolate bars
- Yellow candy-coated round chocolate pieces
- Pretzel rods
- Red string licorice
- Colored marshmallow
- Round chocolate cookies
1. Bake and cook cakes according to box recipe.
2. Make or buy frosting. Tint 4 cups of frosting brown, 1 cup black, and 1/4 cup white.
3. Place the deepest cake on a cake board or platter. Cut the remaining bread shaped cake so that you have a 1/3 of the cake to place on top of the other cake -- about 1/4 down the cake. Frost the entire cake in brown. (Use the remaining 2/3 cake for another recipe or dispose.)
4. Once frosted, take a toothpick and outline details of the truck. Frost the windows with white. Cut brown chocolate for rear-mirrors. Frost the mouth, headlights, and outline in black. Cut white chocolate to look like teeth. Place the wheels (Round chocolate cookies), headlights (1 yellow and 1 brown candy-coated round chocolate pieces) and warning light (marshmallow). Melt remaining chocolate bar to use as glue for the pretzels. Make towing poles. Dry for 4 hours. Wrap licorice around poles.
5. Write Tow Mater on the sides of the truck with the black. Please a small round chocolate cookie on the hood, and make it look like the inside of a truck.