Fun Time Mickey Mouse Cake
A Mickey Mouse hat on a cake stand. Fun, fun, fun!
- Your favorite cake mix (enough for one 6" cake pan, 9" cake pan, and one half ball-shaped pan)
- Your favorite store-bought fondant or recipe
- Food coloring to dye fondant
- Your favorite frosting recipe
- 2" diameter circular cookie cutter
1. At least two days ahead of time. Roll out black fondant approximately 1/4" thick and cut out two circles with a 2" cookie cutter. Place wooden toothpicks into bottom of the circles to create ears for the top of the cake.. Make two white buttons, and several yellow polka dots. Cut name of birthday girl/boy out of fondant to make it look clear and crisp.
2. Bake cakes (one 6" cake pan, 9" cake pan, and one half ball-shaped pan) and let them cool.
3. Cover half ball-shaped cake with frosting and then black fondant.
4. Stack two round cakes with a layer of icing and frost as desired. Assemble the cake and decorate the rest to your liking.