Nemo swims with his friends in an ocean of blue coconut.
- 2 boxes of your favorite cake mix
- Your favorite buttercream frosting
- Orange food coloring
- Blue food coloring
- Black food decorating gel
1. Bake cake according to directions. Carve out Nemo shape and mark stripes, eyes, etc. on body.
2. Color 3/4 of the buttercream frosting orange. Set aside remainder. Cover entire cake with orange frosting.
3. Next, use white buttercream to show stripes and eyes, make sure you make the fin on the thick center stripe.
4. With black gel, outline the stripes and fins, including an extra thick outline on the tail. Also add pupils to the eyes and eyebrows.
5. Color a small amount of buttercream light tan, and use this to create a mouth, and stripes on the fins.
6. Color 2 cups of coconut with blue food coloring. Place this around Nemo on a cookie sheet so that he is "swimming" in water. You may even be able to purchase some fish candles to add to the effect.