Cinderella Bento Box
Make a special lunch for the little princess in your life, complete with jewel berry bracelets and magic wands!
Cinderella Bento Contents:
- Cucumber and cream cheese sandwich with Cinderella topper
- Fairy Godmother Pretzel Wands
- Cinderella's Pumpkin Mini Muffin
- Berry Jewel Bracelets
Ingredients needed: 2 slices of bread, cream cheese, thinly sliced cucumber, two colors of cheese, boiled egg, cucumber, red lettuce
Tools needed: Cinderella template, cutting board, small sharp knife, spreader, cookie cutters if desired
1. Spread cream cheese on sandwich, top with thinly sliced cucumber for a princess treat!
2. Using template as a guide, cut Cinderella's face shape from lighter colored cheese.
3. Cut hair, using template from darker colored cheese. Place together and use dots of cream cheese to hold in place if needed.
4. For eyes, take a slice of boiled egg white, cut into eye shapes. Using a small straw, cut small circles from red lettuce or spinach to finish eyes. For mouth, use template or small circle cutter to cut lips from spinach or lettuce.
5. Use headband template to cut the hair piece from red lettuce, a sharp knife or fine pointed scissors work well.
6. Assemble face and hair accessories, use dots of cream cheese on a toothpick to help stick them in place.
Fairy Godmother Wands:
Dip tips of pretzel rods in melted chocolate, roll in colored sugar sprinkles. Allow to dry on waxed paper before putting in bento.
Berry Jewel Bracelets:
Materials: 1 stick dry spaghetti, mixed berries (raspberries, blueberries & blackberries work well), toothpick.
1. Pierce each fruit with a toothpick to make a hole in the "bead."
2. Thread carefully onto dry spaghetti to make a pattern, leave a bit at each end open.
3. Refrigerate for a few hours until spaghetti softens from fruit juices, then carefully round into bracelet.
4. Tuck remaining ends into berries to hold the bracelet together.
***Hint: Sandwich shaped boxes are a perfect starter bento. They can hold a full lunch when stacked or packed tightly and are easily available in grocery stores.