Piglet's Valentine Cupcakes
He may be timid by nature, but this squeaky-voiced little pig tries his hardest to be brave hearted. Here's a sweet treat that proves Piglet has pluck — particularly when it comes to professing affection on Valentine's Day.
- Batch of baked cupcakes
- Pink frosting
- Small candy hearts *
- Black decorator's gel
- Small bowl
- Swedish Fish candies
* You can simply use Conversation Hearts candies. Or, another option is to spread melted red Candy Melts on waxed paper, let the candy set up again, and use a fondant cutter to cut out a bunch of small candy hearts.Instructions:
1. To shape the cupcakes like Piglet's face, use a knife to trim halfway around each cupcake top close to the baking paper (this tapered portion will be the top of the head and the wider untrimmed half will be the jowls). Frost the cupcakes.
2. For each Piglet, gently press a candy heart into the frosting in the center of the cupcake.
3. Squirt a little bit of black decorator's gel into a bowl. Use the tip of a toothpick to add drops of gel for eyes and eyebrows (remember to keep them small like Piglet's). Then dip the toothpick into the gel and draw on a short grin.
4. For each ear, gently press the ends of two Swedish Fish candies into the frosting at the top of the head.