Tuna alla Puttanesca
Get ready to channel the "old country" with this Italian favorite. Mix tuna with some veggies and 25 minutes later you've got a tasty Italian feast for the family.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
2 cans or pouches (5 oz) tuna, drained and flaked
1 pound dry farfalle or bowtie pasta
4 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 medium onions, cut in 1/4 inch slices
1 can (14 1/2 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
1 cup dry white wine
3 tablespoons capers, drained
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and cut in quarters
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Place oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic and onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and juice, wine, capers, rosemary, olives and pepper to onions. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Raise heat to medium and cook another 3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Add salt to taste.
- Combine tuna, sauce and parsley with pasta.