Cajun Tuna Burger
Prepare for a Mardi Gras in your mouth. Make these tasty tuna burgers as mild or as atomically spicy as you like.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
2 (12-oz.) drained cans chunk light tuna in spring water
1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup each: diced red and green bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 cup Cajun seasoning or spice mix
2 Tablespoons capers, drained
1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
6 onion hamburger buns
Lettuce leaves, sliced tomatoes, sliced onions
1/2 cup garlic or plain mayonnaise
3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning or spice mix
- In a bowl, combine tuna, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Add next 6 ingredients to tuna mixture; blend well.
- Evenly divide and shape tuna mixture into six patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil until hot.
- Cook tuna burgers on both sides until browned and heated through.
- Meanwhile, whip together mayonnaise and Cajun seasoning until well blended.
- Spread hamburger buns with Cajun mayonnaise and fill buns with tuna burgers, lettuce, tomatoes and onions.