Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies
These crunchy cookies are the perfect energy boost for a long hike in the mountains... or a long afternoon in the hammock.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
Yield: 36 cookies
1/2 cup Horizon Organic® unsalted butter
6 Tbsp. peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 large Horizon Organic egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 Tbsp. wheat germ
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup granola
1/2 cup lightly toasted chopped pecans
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, followed by the vanilla and the wheat germ.
- Beat in the baking soda, salt and flour, scraping the bowl as needed.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low and blend in the granola, pecans, raisins and chocolate chips, mixing only enough to distribute these ingredients.
- Drop the batter by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets, leaving ample room for the cookies to spread.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, until nicely browned. Peanut Butter Trail Mix Cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to five days. Freeze them, wrapped airtight, for up to two months.