Christmas Hamm Cupcake
Not your standard holiday ham, this Christmas swine (sans the brine) makes a sweet and surprising addition to the dessert line-up. And on a day when kids are unwrapping new toys, it's also a playful tribute to old favorites already in residence.
- Batch of baked cupcakes (in paper liners)
- Pink frosting
- Pink candy melts (we used Wilton brand)
- Sprinkles (red and brown)
- Chocolate chips
- Pink jelly beans
- Kitchen scissors or knife
- Thin red or green ribbon
- Glue dots or tape
1. Frost the cupcakes.
2. For each Hamm nose, use a pink Candy Melts wafer turned right side down. Before placing it on the cupcake, use the tip of a toothpick to etch a couple of small nostril grooves in the wafer and then gently press a red sprinkle in each groove.
3. Gently press a pair of chocolate chip eyes (tips down) and chocolate sprinkle eyebrows into the frosting above the nose on each cupcake.
4. For each set of ears, snip a pink jelly bean in half lengthwise. Then press the ears into the frosting above the eyes.
5. For the finishing touch, tie pieces of ribbon into small holiday bows and use glue dots or rolled tape to attach one to each paper cupcake liner.