Pooh's Hunny Holiday Tarts
It's always fun to add a new dessert to the classic Thanksgiving menu. And take it from Pooh -- these mini honey-drizzled tarts are just too scrumptious to bear passing up. With steps that include cutting out puff pastry circles, layering apple slices, and sprinkling cinnamon sugar, it's also a great recipe for kids to help with!
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Round cookie cutter (about 2.75 inches wide)
- Frozen puff pastry (1 sheet, defrosted and ready to use)
- 1 or 2 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced very thin)
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cooling rack
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Use the cookie cutter to cut rounds of pastry, and arrange them on the baking sheet.
3. Have your child place three apple slices on each pastry circle. When he's done, ask him to sprinkle each tart with a pinch of cinnamon sugar.
4. Bake the tarts until the pastry turns golden brown and the apples become slightly tender (about 12 minutes or so).
5. Drizzle honey on the baked tarts and then transfer them to a cooling rack.