Tron Light Cycle Wheelie Pies
Here's a treat that's sure to race off the plate. Inspired by the glowing Light Cycles of the Tron world, these sweet little cakes are filled with fluffy neon frosting. This fun spin takes the classic whoopie pie to a whole new level of cool.
You'll need:For the cookies:
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1.5 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1.5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 7.5 ounce jar marshmallow cream
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- Neon food coloring, assorted colors
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
3. In a medium sized bowl combine flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg, milk and vanilla and mix until well combined.
5. Now, slowly add the flour mixture, beating to combine. The batter will be stiff.
6. Drop teaspoon-sized balls of the batter onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Bake the cookies at 350 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes.
8. Remove cookies from oven and cool on a rack.
9. For the filling, use an electric mixer to cream the butter and sugar until fluffy.
10. Add the vanilla and marshmallow cream and mix until well combined.
11. Divide finished filling into three bowls. Place 3 to 5 drops of neon food coloring into each bowl and mix until coloring is fully incorporated to create the desired color.
12. You will need two cookies to make each Wheelie Pie. Lay the cookies, tops down, on waxed paper.
13. Place a dollop of frosting on half of the cookies.
14. Place a second cookie on top of the frosting, creating a sandwich. Serve immediately.