Handy Manny's famous red and white baseball cap becomes a sweet treat when it's constructed of a mini-cupcake nestled on top of larger cupcake.
- 12 mini cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- 12 regular cupcakes, baked from your favorite recipe
- Red decorator's icing
- White decorator's icing
- 1 cup frosting
- 12 red cinnamon candies
1. Remove cupcake liners from the mini-cupcakes and place them, bottom-up, on waxed paper. Frost the bottom and sides of the mini cupcakes with red and white decorator icing. Frost half the cupcake white and half red, to create the look of a baseball cap. Place a red cinnamon candy in the center of each cap.
2. While placing frosted caps in the refrigerator to firm them up, top regular-sized cupcakes with the frosting of your choice (we used vanilla). This is a fun job for kids. Let them use a small spatula -- whipped frostings are light and easy to spread.
3. Use red decorator's icing to pipe a red half circle on top of the frosted cupcake -- this will be the bill of Manny's cap.
4. Remove the caps from the refrigerator and place them, bottoms-up, on top of the larger cupcakes. Be sure to line the white side of the cap with the edge of the red half-circle, creating a hat with a bill -- just like Manny's.