Love Your Veggies Pizza Pockets
These delicious pizza pockets are loaded with veggies and make the perfect healthy lunch or fun family dinner. Using Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Dressing, you can create wonderful comfort food in minutes.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 pizza pockets
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips about 2-inches long
1/2 pound button mushrooms, sliced
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
2 (13.8 ounce) tubes refrigerated pizza dough
1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light dressing
1/3 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
32 slices (2 ounces) turkey pepperoni
1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, warm the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Add the onions and sauté just until they begin to soften and color, about 3 minutes. Add the peppers, mushrooms, and zucchini. Sauté just until the vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Unroll the pizza dough on a clean work surface or cutting board. Press and stretch the dough into a 10 x 15-inch rectangle. Cut the rectangle into quarters to form four 5 x 7 ½-inch rectangles. Repeat with the second tube of pizza dough.
- Spread each rectangle with 1 tablespoon of Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Light dressing. For each rectangle of dough, place about 1/3 cup of the vegetables on the right half of the dough. Divide and scatter the olives over top. Arrange 4 slices of pepperoni over the olives. Top with a generous 2 tablespoons of mozzarella.
- Fold the left half of the dough over the filling to form a rectangular pocket. Pinch together the edges to form a tight seal. Repeat to yield 8 pizza pockets. Arrange about 1-inch apart on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake until crisp and deep golden brown, 16 to 18 minutes. Serve warm, or cool on a wire rack, wrap individually, and refrigerate to pack into a lunch box.