Strawberry season is a favorite here and I try and get as many of the ruby beauties in as I can before the bushes are empty. This mousse is quick to fix and creamy delicious, making it a most-requested dessert by friends and family alike.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 2 hour and 10 minutes
Yield: Serves 6
1 quart fresh strawberries
1 package (1.4 ounces) 4 serving-size strawberry gelatin
1/2 cup boiling water
1/4 cup sugar
2 cups heavy cream
Whole strawberries and whipped cream for garnish
- Wash and hull strawberries. Cut each in half and puree in a blender or food processor until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, pour boiling water over gelatin and sugar. Stir until dissolved.
- Pour pureed strawberries into gelatin and stir until combined. The mixture should be room temperature at this point. If not, refrigerate until cool.
- Whip cream until stiff and fold into gelatin and strawberry mixture until well blended.
- Spoon into individual serving dishes or keep in bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set.