Pasta with Roasted Spring Vegetables
Spring vegetables are rendered soft and sweet by roasting. Combined with al dente pasta, it creates a flavorful, yet light pasta dish. Add a tossed salad and crusty bread for a complete meal.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 35 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
1/2 pound pasta such as radiatore (also called 'nuggets')
1 bunch asparagus - woody ends removed and cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
1 bunch green onions - cut into 1 1/2 inch lengths
1/2 pound baby carrots - cut in half lengthwise
1/2 pound sugar snap peas
2 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt
1/2 cup vegetable or chicken stock
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon dried basil - crushed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Toss vegetables with garlic, olive oil and salt. Spread evenly onto a parchment covered baking sheet.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, checking every 10 minutes to stir and keep from burning.
- While vegetables are roasting, cook pasta until desired doneness is reached.
- Combine stock, lemon juice and basil and set aside.
- When vegetables are done, drain pasta and combine pasta and vegetables with stock and lemon juice muixture. Toss to coat, add salt if needed and serve hot.