No birthday celebration would be complete without cake. In fact, you could say it's a bare necessity. Topped with candy bears that resemble the beloved Baloo from Jungle Book, these cupcakes have you covered.
- Small white gumdrops
- Crows candies (or small black gumdrops)
- Large black gumdrops
- Mini chocolate chips
- Wooden kitchen skewer or toothpick
1. Frost the cupcakes.
2. For each bear, slice off the bottom and top of a small white gumdrop. Reserve the midsection and discard the other pieces.
3. Next, slice the top off of a Crows candy and press it onto the top of the reserved piece of white gumdrop to create the bear's muzzle and nose.
4. Press the muzzle against the side of a large black gumdrop to create the head.
5. Use a kitchen skewer or toothpick to poke eyeholes in the head. Then press a mini chocolate chip into each hole, using a dab of white icing to help hold it in place.
6. Slice off and discard the very bottom of a Crows candy to create a sticky surface. Then slice the candy in half from the top down to create a pair of ears. Stick the ears to the head.
7. For a neck, slice the top off another large black gumdrop, and then set the head on top of the cut surface.
8. Place the assemble bear head atop a frosted cupcake, pressing it down slightly to stick it in place.