Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
The most classic of all comfort foods is mashed potatoes. Made with baked potatoes and roasted garlic, they're even better. Fluffy and full of flavor, these will become an instant favorite for family or company.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 55 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
2 pounds medium white potatoes
1 medium head of garlic - whole
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wrap garlic head in aluminum foil and set aside.
- Scrub potatoes and prick skins with a fork. Rub lightly with oil or wrap each in aluminum foil.
- Place potatoes and wrapped garlic on a baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from foil if wrapped and cut each in half. Scoop out potatoes into a medium bowl and discard skins.
- Unwrap garlic and squeeze from skins into potatoes.
- Add butter, salt and milk to potatoes and mash lightly and quickly with a fork or potato masher. Do not over handle potatoes or they will become sticky. Serve hot.