Red and Green Quiche Bites
Quiche is delicious and easy to make and mini-quiche is fun, but these one-bite quiches are perfect Holiday appetizers. Studded with red and green peppers and flavored with Parmesan cheese, they are the perfect little bite for your next party. This recipe is small, but it doubles, triples and even quadruples very easily with no difference in quality or flavor.
Hands-On Time: 10 minutes
Ready In: 20 minutes
Yield: Makes 12 mini-quiches
1 single pie crust (a store-bought shell works fine, or you can use your own recipe)
1 large egg
1 Tablespoon sour cream
2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tablespoons each red and green pepper - chopped fine
1 Tablespoon green onion - green tops only
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin tin with 12 cups.
- Roll out dough to a 1/8-inch thickness and cut into an 8 x 6-inch rectangle. Cut into twelve 2-inch squares. (You can do this with a store-bought shell, but let thaw first if frozen.)
- Fit squares of dough into muffin tins. Set aside.
- Combine egg, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, peppers, onion and salt. Blend well.
- Spoon a teaspoon of mixture into each dough-lined muffin cup.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until egg puffs and dough is lightly browned at the edges. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins and serving.