Flying Tomato Saucers
Your whole family will love this healthy "Flying Tomato Saucers" recipe healthy veggies! Using Hidden Valley® The Original Ranch® Dressing, you can create wonderful and entertaining food in minutes.
¼ cup reduced-fat cream cheese (tub)
¼ cup Hidden Valley® Ranch Light Buttermilk Salad Dressing
½ cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
½ each: red, green, yellow bell pepper, finely diced
¼ cup grated carrot, finely diced
5 slices fresh tomato
1 tube (7.5 ounce) refrigerator buttermilk biscuits (10 per tube)
1 egg yolk, beaten with 2 tablespoons water
flour for dusting surface and rolling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese, Hidden Valley® Ranch Light Buttermilk Salad Dressing, mozzarella cheese, diced bell peppers, and carrots until well combined; set aside.
- Open the biscuits and separate. Sprinkle flour over a clean dry surface. Take a rolling pin, and roll each biscuit into a 4" circle. Using a pastry brush, brush some of the egg yolk mixture around the edge of each circle.
- Spread a heaping tablespoon of the cheesy-ranch mixture onto five biscuit circles, then put a tomato slice on top. Place one of the remaining biscuit circles on top of each filled circle. Stretch the top circle to completely cover the bottom circle; press around the edges with the tines of a fork to seal. Use a spatula to place each of the flying saucers onto a greased baking sheet. Decorate the tops of each flying saucer with sliced veggies – use your imagination to create fun designs. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. Transfer the flying saucers to a wire rack and let stand about 5 minutes before serving.
- Recipe created by Jodie Shield, R.D. on behalf of Hidden Valley® Salad Dressings.