Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Cheesecake Bites
There's no busier time of year for many moms than the Winter Holidays. While most of the treats I make are the baked kind, I like these because they're completely no-bake but every bit as decadent as anything else I make. Setting time is important, so don't skimp on the 4-hour refrigeration time - you'll be glad you waited.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 4 hours 35 minutes
Yield: Makes 36
Cookie Dough Layer:
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup mini semi-sweet morsels
1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese - softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream - whipped stiff
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate coating pieces
- Cream together butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Add flour until a soft dough forms. Fold in chocolate morsels.
- Press cookie dough layer evenly into an 8x10 pan with straight sides.
- Blend cream cheese with powdered sugar until smooth. Fold in heavy whipped cream.
- Spread over top of cookie dough layer and cover with plastic wrap so that wrap is not touching the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate chips or coating until smooth and spreadable. Spread over cream cheese layer evenly and refrigerate for another 2 hours or overnight until firm. Cover with plastic wrap that is not touching the chocolate top layer.
- Let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes before cutting with a heated and dry knife.