Double Chocolate Biscotti
Biscotti is one of those gifts that everyone loves to receive. Streamlining preparation with a boxed mix makes this faster and the results are more reliable. You can use just about any flavor of boxed cake or muffin mix and add in nuts to chocolate chips to dried fruit. The possibilities are endless and the recipients of your delicious gift will truly appreciate you.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour 55 minutes
Yield: Makes 24 biscotti
1 box (18 ounces) chocolate chocolate chip muffin mix
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 large eggs
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter - melted
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chocolate coating - melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly rease 2 baking sheets or cover with parchment paper.
- Combine muffin mix and flour in a large bowl and blend well.
- Add eggs and butter and blend until a stiff dough forms.
- Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 12-inch roll.
- Place rolls 2 inches apart on one of the prepared baking sheets and flatten slightly to a 2-inch width.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 1 hour. After standing time cut with a serrated knife into 12 equally thick slices.
- Lay, cut sides down, on both sheets and bake for 5 minutes longer. Turn cookies over and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire racks before dipping just the bottoms in melted chocolate. Refrigerate on waxed paper until chocolate is firm. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week. These can be frozen for up to 3 months.