Two favorite flavors, peanut butter and chocolate, combine in these adorable little acorn-shaped candies. They are a perfect complement to any Autumn table and fun for everyone when paired with real or artificial oak tree leaves.
- Blend together well, butter, peanut butter and extract. Add powdered sugar, a cup at a time, until a stiff and smooth dough forms.
- Refrigerate briefly (5 minutes) if dough is too soft.
- Divide dough into 48 balls and roll each between your hands, pinching at one end, to form an acorn.
- Set pointed side up on a parchment or waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Once all acorns are formed, refrigerate for 15 minutes to firm up candies.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in a double boiler or 1 to 2 minutes in a microwave, until smooth.
- Dip each acorn, smooth top-side down, into chocolate. Twist lightly and pull gently to form the acorn cap and stem. Set back on the cookie sheet, sides down this time, and refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm.
Keep refrigerated until serving time so the candies do not soften too much.