Fairy Wand Treats
These wands aren't the waving kind, but they sure are just as popular. Any size pretzel will do, but my kids like the smaller versions. White chocolate is prettier for wands since it's also the perfect backdrop for the many colors of sugar, sprinkles and confetti available. Set them up in 'sparkly' colored sugars for a pretty presentation.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
Pretzel Sticks - several dozen if using the smaller ones
White chocolate chips - a 12 ounce bag covers quite a bit
1 tablespoon shortening
Several colors and shapes of sugar, sprinkles and confetti
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening together until smooth.
- Dip the top third of each pretzel stick into the melted chocolate.
- Sprinkle with sugar or confetti sprinkles.
- Set on waxed paper, parchment or foil and let stand until set, about 15 - 30 minutes.
- Stand up in colored sugar.