Fall holidays seem to be overloaded with heavy and calorie-laden desserts. Enter the Dessert Wonton. The filling is much like a trail mix and they have been baked rather than fried. They come out of the oven every bit as crispy as their fried counterparts and the warm apricot preserves are the perfect dipping sauce.
Hands-On Time: 15 minutes
Ready In: 25 minutes
Yield: 2 dozen wontons
24 wonton wrappers
1/3 cup finely chopped dried apricots
1/3 cup finely chopped pecans
1/3 cup mini chocolate chips
½ cup apricot preserves
Cooking spray or oil in a mist bottle
- Mix apricots, nuts and mini chocolate chips together in a small bowl until well blended.
- Drop mixture by the teaspoonful onto wonton wrappers
- Moisten edges of wrappers with water and fold each wrapper over filling to form a triangle. Seal well.
- Place filled wontons on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper - 12 per sheet.
- Mist wontons lightly with cooking spray or oil.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Heat apricot preserves until warm and serve with wontons.