Cheesy Chicken Taco Bake
With only 6 ingredients and a short bake time, this dish works well for busy nights and is a hit with traditional taco lovers.
- Combine chicken and taco seasoning; toss to coat.
- Mix chicken, salsa, corn and 2 cups of cheese together until well blended.
- Cut 3 of the tortillas in half and layer 4 whole tortillas and 2 halves into the bottom of a greased 9x13 baking dish, making 5 tortillas total per layer. Spread half the chicken mixture over the tortillas and top with 5 more tortillas; 4 whole and 2 halves.
- Layer with remaining chicken mixture and corn tortillas on the very top. Sprinkle with the last half cup of cheese and cover tightly with foil.
- Bake in a 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes.
Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.
Try a combination of cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses instead of all cheddar.
If your family doesn't like corn, substitute equal parts drained black beans.
Black beans can also be used in place of the chicken for a vegetarian version.See more recipes from Anne Coleman (aka Short Order Mom).