For Snow White, being abandoned by the Evil Queen's huntsman was truly an eye-opening experience. The startled princess spent a terrifying night under the watch of countless creepy peepers only to discover in the light of day that they belonged to kindly animals that would lead her to safety. Likewise, these eye-catching cupcakes may cause your kids to pause -- but so too will they be a delightful sight.
- Batch of baked cupcakes
- Buttercream frosting tinted black
- Yellow Starburst candies
- Black jellybeans
- Wax paper
- Rolling pin
- Small round fondant cutter (about 1 1/2 inches wide)
- Kitchen knife
- Frost the cupcakes.
- For each pair of eyes, place a Starburst candy between two pieces of waxed paper and roll it flat to a thickness of 1/4 inch or so. If the candy is too hard to roll, you can soften it by heating it in a microwave oven for 3 to 4 seconds. Use the fondant cutter to cut out a circle from the rolled candy and then slice the circle in half.
- Gently press a black jellybean onto the center of each candy semi circle. If it doesn't stick in place, use a dab of leftover frosting to hold it.
- Center each eye atop a cupcake. Then arrange the cupcakes in pairs on a serving dish or tray.