Chicken Parmesan Alfredo
For extra crunch, try using panko breadcrumbs -- which are Japanese-style breadcrumbs with a coarser and crunchier texture. Just mix with a little dried Italian seasoning and continue with the recipe.
Yield: Serves 4
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Cost per serving*: $ 2.30
Cost per recipe*: $ 9.20
* Based on average retail prices at national supermarkets.Ingredients
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/4 lbs.)
1 egg, beaten
3/4 cup Italian seasoned dry bread crumbs
1/4 tsp. paprika (optional)
1 jar (1 lb.) Ragu ® Cheesy! Classic Alfredo Sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 oz.)
1 medium tomato, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°. Dip chicken in egg, then bread crumbs combined with paprika, coating well.
- Arrange chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Bake uncovered 20 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup Classic Alfredo Sauce over chicken; top with cheese, then tomato. Bake an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve with remaining Sauce, heated, and sprinkle, if desired, with grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 510, Calories From Fat 240, Total Fat 27g, Trans Fat 0g, Cholesterol 200mg, Sodium 1180mg, Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g, Protein 43g